2) Place the beaten egg in a shallow dish. Mix the breadcrumbs with the salt, pepper, oregano, parsley, Parmesan and garlic powder and place in a second shallow dish.
3) Batter the aubergine by dipping first in beaten eggs, then in the seasoned breadcrumbs. (If you need to use store-bought seasoned bread crumbs omit the salt and pepper.)
4) In a deep sided frying pan heat the olive oil to 180C. Add a little butter (for flavour) and fry the aubergine in batches until golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper and set aside.
5) To make the vinaigrette, mix the red wine vinegar, olive oil, peppadews, sugar, oregano and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
6) Spoon 2 tbsp of the vinaigrette into the bottom of a large bowl. Layer the aubergine slices with the chopped mint, parsley, and the vinaigrette. Top with more of the vinaigrette and marinate, covered, in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. (You can also add more minced garlic and grated Parmesan to the layers.)
7) Boil the lasagne noodles with a little oil, so that they do not stick, and some salt, to impart some flavour.
8) In a beautiful serving dish layer the marinated aubergine and the noodles, then sprinkle with some fresh mozzarella, then the basil and finally drizzle with the vinaigrette.
9) Repeat until all the layers are formed, making sure that the pasta is not the last layer. Garnish with cherry tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve at room temperature for the best summer lasagne. Manga!!!