Recipe by Bobby Flay
- 1 bunch fresh mint or spearmint
- 250ml simple syrup (equal parts sugar and water, boiled, cooled)
- 1 apple, cored and
- 1 orange, peeled and
- Crushed ice, as needed
- 1 bottle (750ml) Spanish rose wine
- 500ml club soda
- 250ml grapefruit soda (recommended: Hansens)
- 3 shots white rum
How to make Summer sangrito
1) In a large pitcher, take half of the bunch of fresh mint leaves along with the simple syrup and muddle them together until the oil from mint is released.
2) Add the apple and orange, and muddle again. Fill the pitcher with crushed ice. Pour the bottle of wine over the smashed ingredients. Add the club soda and grapefruit soda.
3) Finish the drink with 3 shots of white rum and stir gently. Pour into glasses and garnish with some of the remaining mint leaves. Cheers!