Surf and turf scallops, peas, corn and bone marrow
1) Bring a pot of salted water to the boil, make sure that there is an ice bath ready. Blanch the peas and broad beans separately. Drain and immediately add them to an ice bath.
2) Remove kernels from the corn cobs and reserve the cobs. Add the cobs to a pot with water and cook for 25 minutes to create a quick stock.
3) Run the corn through a juicer, strain the liquid and heat slowly in a stainless pot. Add a touch of cream to reinforce the sauce, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
4) Dice the carrots and onions. Add the butter to a saute pan over medium heat and add the carrots, onions, broad beans and peas. Cook until tender. Stir in some of the corn stock to make a sauce. Remove from the heat, season with salt and pepper and reserve.
5) For the bone marrow, combine the flour and chilli pepper. Toss the bone marrow lightly with the flour mixture. Place the marrow in a pan and bake in a preheated 180C/Gas 4 oven for about 8-10 minutes.
6) Heat a skillet with some oil, add the scallops and cook until golden brown on each side.
7) To assemble, place a line of the sauce down each dish. Top with the blanched peas and broad beans. Using a zester, zest some of the lemons and oranges and sprinkle over the vegetables. Place the scallops and roasted bone marrow around the vegetables and garnish with micro mix and sea salt.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Try Knorr Stock Pots
Add depth of flavour to an array of slow-cooked meals with Knorr Stock Pots. Available in a range of flavours, from Chicken to Beef and Vegetable to Herb Infusion, these stock pots are quick and easy to use, melting in minutes.