2) To make the French toast batter, whip the eggs and sugar with a whisk. Add vanilla and whisk until sugar has completely dissolved. Continue to whisk while adding the milk.
3) To make the sauce, in a hot pan over a medium heat, melt the butter and brown sugar with the vanilla. Wait until the butter is completely melted then remove the pan from the heat, add the rum and ignite with a long kitchen match.
4) When the flames die down, add the cream immediately and whisk vigorously until the sauce is completely smooth.
5) Heat some oil in a large saute pan. Stuff 4 quarters of hinged French bread with the reserved sliced banana, and top with the cream cheese stuffing. Slice the 4 portions of filled bread into 4 diagonal pieces, dip into the batter and pan-fry on all sides until golden brown.
6) Pour some of the warm rum sauce onto a plate. Place the golden pieces of toast on top and garnish with icing sugar.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore we cannot make any representation as to the results.