Add depth of flavour to an array of slow-cooked meals with Knorr Stock Pots. Available in a range of flavours, from Chicken to Beef and Vegetable to Herb Infusion, these stock pots are quick and easy to use, melting in minutes.
Find Out More
1/4 cup instant flour (Recommended: Wondra)
1 cup half-and-half
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 bay leaves
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup tart berry preserves, such as cherry or cranberry
1) Make the meatballs: preheat oven to 190 degrees C.
2) Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onions until soft and translucent. Set onions aside to cool and wipe skillet clean.
3) In a large mixing bowl combine the cooled onions with remaining meatball ingredients. Form the mixture into 4 cm balls.
4) Heat remaining oil in skillet over high heat. Brown the meatballs on all sides. Set meatballs aside.
5) Make the sauce: add the butter and mushrooms to the pan and saute until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Add the sherry and chicken stock, to deglaze the pan. Sprinkle in the flour and cook until sauce thickens. Add the cream, Worcestershire and bay leaves. Bring to a simmer, whisking often until thickened. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Remove pan from heat, add meatballs back to the pan. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes. Discard bay leaves.