Made this? How was it?
- 30g , plus extra for greasing the pan
- 450g butternut squash, peeled, and cut into 2cm pieces
- 4 parsnips, peeled, and cut into 2cm pieces
- Salt, for seasoning
- Freshly ground black pepper, for seasoning
- 1 (450g) loaf brioche, cut or torn into 2.5cm pieces
- 750ml double cream
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 180ml brandy
- 60ml vegetable oil
- 3 tbsps brown sugar
- 2 tbsps cinnamon
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves,
How to make Sweet and savoury bread and butter pudding
1) Set an oven rack in the centre of the oven. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C, gas mark 6. Grease a 23 by 33cm glass baking dish. Set aside.
2) In a large frying pan, melt the over medium-high heat. Add the butternut squash and parsnips. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes until slightly softened. Set aside to cool.
3) Add the bread to a large bowl.
4) In another bowl mix together the cream, eggs, brandy, vegetable oil, brown sugar, cinnamon and thyme. Pour the cream mixture over the bread and toss gently to coat. Add the cooled vegetables and toss until the bread is coated. Spoon the mixture into the prepared dish.
5) Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until the bread pudding is puffed and golden.
- Sweet and Savoury Bread Pudding
- Yorkshire Puddings
- Butternut Squash, Apple & Onion Gal...
- Black Pudding and Pear Pies
- Cheese Scones
- Lancashire Tart with Black Pudding,...
- Bedfordshire clanger
- Toad in the Hole with Gorgonzola an...
- Individual strawberry trifles
- Rare Roast Beef and Yorkshire Puddi...
- Chicken and Ham Hock Pie
- Irish Soda Bread