Sweet and savoury bread and butter pudding
This taste sensation uses root vegetables to give its sweet and savoury flavour.
1) Set an oven rack in the centre of the oven. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C, gas mark 6. Grease a 23 by 33cm glass baking dish. Set aside.
2) In a large frying pan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the butternut squash and parsnips. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes until slightly softened. Set aside to cool.
3) Add the bread to a large bowl.
4) In another bowl mix together the cream, eggs, brandy, vegetable oil, brown sugar, cinnamon and thyme. Pour the cream mixture over the bread and toss gently to coat. Add the cooled vegetables and toss until the bread is coated. Spoon the mixture into the prepared dish.
5) Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until the bread pudding is puffed and golden.