Made this? How was it?
- 90g unsalted butter
- 225g honey
- 2 tbsp distilled white vinegar
- 2 tbsp Worcestshire sauce
- 115g pecans
- 2 tbsp ground ancho chilli or chipotle powder (the ancho chilli is a dried poblano chilli. It is also sold as "pasilla" in the US. It is a deep red colour and the flavour ranges from mild to pungent. The rich, slightly fruit flavoured ancho is the sweete
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 900g chicken drumettes
How to make Sweet and Spicy Drumettes
1) Preheat oven to 180°C.
2) In a small saucepan, add the butter and melt over medium-low heat. Stir in the honey, and cook until the mixture bubbles, about three minutes. Remove from the heat, and stir in the vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, pecans, ground ancho and garlic powder. Season the marinade, to taste, with salt and pepper.
3) Arrange the drumettes on a baking sheet, and brush each with the marinade (cover your baking sheet with tin foil for easy clean up and to prevent marinade from burning in the oven). Bake until the chicken is cooked through, about 25 minutes. Baste once, halfway through baking time. Transfer to a serving platter and serve hot.