2) For the chermoula mayonnaise, combine the coriander, garlic, cumin, paprika, harissa, lemon juice, salt and olive oil in a blender and process until well blended. Put the mixture in a small bowl and fold in the mayonnaise. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
3) Prepare a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill with a cover, or preheat a gas grill to medium-high.
4) For the burgers, combine the beef, sausage, apricots, dates, cumin, cinnamon, coriander leaves, mint, harissa, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Mix well, handling the meat as little as possible to avoid compacting it.
5) Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions and form the portions into burgers to fit the rolls.
6) Brush the grill rack with oil. Place the burgers on the rack, cover and grill until browned on the bottoms, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn the burgers and continue grilling until done to preference, about 5 minutes longer for medium.
7) During the last few minutes of cooking, brush the tops of the rolls with the red food colouring and carefully place the rolls, cut side down, on the outer edges of the rack to toast lightly.
8) Spread a generous amount of the chermoula mayonnaise over the cut sides of the rolls. On each roll bottom, place shredded cos lettuce, a burger, and an equal amount of the carrot salad. Add the roll tops and serve.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore we cannot make representation as to the results.