Sweet griddled peaches with honeyed vanilla pod mascarpone and walnut sugar
1) Melt butter and 120ml of honey in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Split a whole vanilla pod in half lengthwise. Scrape all the seeds from the vanilla pod and place into saucepan along with the vanilla pod. Stir to combine. Let simmer until sauce has thickened, about 5 minutes, then reduce heat to low.
2) Preheat indoor griddle pan to medium heat on the stove top.
3) Place mascarpone cheese and honey into a medium bowl. Cut a vanilla pod in half and half it again, lengthwise. Scrape all the seeds from the split half of the pod and place into bowl; discard the pod. Stir mixture to combine and set aside.
4) Cut each peach in half and discard the pit. Dip peaches cut-side down into the butter-honey sauce and, in batches, place onto hot griddle pan. Griddle for 2 to 3 minutes, until peaches are nicely marked.
5) Combine walnuts and sugar into a bowl.
Place griddled peaches onto serving plates, two per plate. Top each with a dollop of mascarpone cheese and sprinkle with walnut sugar. Remove the vanilla pod from honey sauce and drizzle a spoonful of warm sauce over peaches and plates. Serve warm.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and, therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.