For the brownie:
1) Preheat oven to 160 degrees C. Grease/spray a 23cm springform pan.
2) Melt butter with chopped chocolate over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove melted chocolate from heat and cool for about 2 minutes. Stir in sugar and egg until blended.
3) Then in a small bowl, sift plain flour, baking powder and salt. Add plain flour mixture to the chocolate. Stir in walnuts. Pour batter into the springform pan and spread it until it covers the pan evenly.
4) Bake for 10 minutes.
For the cream cheese layer:
1) Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until fluffy, gradually adding the sugar. Add the egg and continue to mix until well blended.
2) Next, mix in sour cream, double cream, plain flour, and maple. Pour cheese mixture over brownie crust in springform pan.
3) Bake at 160 degrees C for 35 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
For the sweet potato meringue:
1) Start preparing this layer about 15 minutes before the cream cheese layer's baking time is over.
2) Using a mixer, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Add icing sugar and whip a few seconds more. Turn off mixer.
3) Using a fork, blend cinnamon and nutmeg with cooked sweet potato, making sure that spices are well incorporated into the sweet potato. Then, carefully fold sweet potato mixture into the egg whites.
4) Pull pie out of oven and top with sweet potato meringue. Return pie to oven for 10 more minutes or until meringue has set. Remove from oven and cool completely. While cooling, prepare caramel sauce and chocolate ganache.
For the caramel sauce:
1) Unwrap caramels.
2) In a double boiler or bain-marie, melt the caramels in the evaporated milk, stirring constantly until the sauce is smooth and pourable.
For the chocolate ganache:
1) Melt chocolate and double cream together in the top of a double boiler/bain-marie. Stir constantly until mixture is smooth.
2) When both sauces are done, decorate pie in the pattern or style of your choice. sprinkle with chopped pecans. May serve with whipped cream.