For the sweet potato pudding:
1) Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas Mark 4. Grease a 1.5 litre baking dish.
2) With an electric mixer, beat together all the pudding ingredients until smooth and light. Pour the pudding into the baking dish. Transfer to the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
3) Sprinkle the praline mixture over the pudding and bake for an additional 20 to 25 minutes, until the pudding is set and slightly puffed. The top will sink as the pudding cools.
4) Serve warm or at room temperature.
For the praline topping:
1) In a small bowl, combine the ingredients and reserve to use as topping for the sweet potato pudding.