- 0.50 butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 garlic cloves
- 0.25 teaspoon salt
- 0.25 teaspoon black pepper
How to make Tabasco Baste
- Preheat grill.
- Melt the butter in a saute pan. Add the lemon juice and bring to a simmer over low heat. Take care to not burn the butter or it will not taste very good.
- Add the two sauces and the garlic.
- Continue cooking over low heat stirring constantly for 5 minutes. This is to allow the garlic to infuse the sauce but not to brown.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Use baste immediately otherwise the butter will solidify. Use a large pastry brush to baste your chosen meat or poultry.
- Once grilled items have cooked for 5 minutes, turn over and apply more baste. Allow grilled items to cook to your desired liking.
(Courtesy of Food.com)