1) In a small pot add the water and bring to a boil over medium heat. Pour the bulgur into a bowl, douse it with the boiling water and let stand 15 minutes.
2) Put the nuts in small frying pan over low heat and lightly toast. Remove from the heat and let cool.
3) In a salad bowl, combine the cumin, zest and juice of 1 lemon and whisk in the extra-virgin olive oil.
4) Add the bulgur, herbs, spring onions, tomatoes, cucumber and salt, to taste.
5) Toss together, let stand a few minutes, adjust seasoning and toss again before serving.