- 1 bulgur wheat
- 1 water
- 0.33 olive oil
- 0.25 fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 green onions
- 0.25 mint leaves
- 1 parsley
- 0.50 chickpeas
- 2 tomato
- 1 head cos lettuce
How to make Tabouli
- Bring one cup of water to a boil. Add one cup of bulgar wheat. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand covered, 5 to 10 minutes, or until slightly tender. Bulgar wheat should have some texture to it -- it's not suppose
- In a big bowl, mix wheat, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and allspice, and let cool.
- Meanwhile, chop your onions, tomatoes, parsley and mint. Add these plus the garbanzo beans to the wheat mixture and mix well. Cover and chill for 1 hour or over night.
(Courtesy of Food.com)
- Farro Salad with Tomatoes and Herbs...
- Heritage tomato salad with fresh gr...
- Wheat berry salad
- Grilled Whole-Wheat Pita Salad with...
- Griddled whole-wheat pita salad wit...
- Shaved Fennel and Green Apple Salad...
- Barefoot carrot salad
- Tomatoes with green goddess dressin...
- Mexican Summer Salad
- Thousand Island dressing