- 2 potato
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon bacon grease
- 3 large egg
- 3 tablespoons single cream
- 0.50 lb chorizo sausage
- 1 cheese
- 4 large tortilla
- 1 to taste salt and pepper
- 1 to taste salsa
How to make Tacitos Aka Breakfast Burritos
- Put butter and grease in a 9" cast iron skillet and over medium heat, melt butter. When butter starts to bubble, add potatoes and stir to coat with oil/butter. Lightly season with salt and pepper, cover and reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occas
- Add chorizo to skillet after removing from casing over medium heat. Mash and stir, cooking for about 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes to the chorizo and stir well until mixed, still cooking over medium heat for about 2 minutes.
- While potato/chorizo is cooking, beat eggs until cream colored (I use a fork), add cream and mix to combine, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the scrambled egg to the potato/chorizo mixture, stir until combined. Let cook over medium low heat, stirring occasionally until eggs have set and you see steam coming up from eggs.
- In a large preheated skillet or griddle, cook tortillas, turning often, until warmed through, about 2-3 minutes.
- To assemble, add eggs/potato/chorizo mixture to cooked tortillas. Top with cheese and salsa. Roll up burrito style tucking in the ends.
- FYI In Mexico, you can get potato/egg, chorizo/egg, ham/egg, bacon/egg, sausage/egg, etc., etc. Use whatever combination that you like. If you don't use the Mexican chorizo, add some Mexican seasons if you wish, oregano, cilantro, etc. to retain eth
(Courtesy of Food.com)