- 14 ounces macaroni & cheese dinner mix
- 6 water
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1.25 ounces taco seasoning
- 0.75 sour cream
- 1.50 cheddar cheese
- 1 salsa
- 1 chips
How to make Taco Bake
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Boil the macaroni in 6 cups or more of water until done.
- While Macaroni cooks, brown the hamburger meat and drain.
- When the macaroni is tender mix in the cheese sauce
- Add taco seasoning mix and water to meat and simmer 5 minute.
- Stir sour cream into the macaroni dinner.
- Spoon half the macaroni mixture into an 8 or 9 inch pan.
- Top with Taco Meat.
- Top with 1 cup of the cheese.
- Top with remaining macaroni mixture.
- Bake 15 minute.
- Top with remaining cheese, salsa, and chips.
- Bake 5 minute.
- *note 1 any Macaroni will do but it really needs to be one of the creamy kind like velveeta shells or macaroni deluxe.
- *note 2 The best crushed chips I have found to use for that taco taste is Chili cheese fritos.
- *note 3 You can add in any vegetables you want in the layers to make it a complete meal.
(Courtesy of Food.com)