- 5 large egg yolk
- 5 tablespoons sour cream
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 0.25 teaspoon salt
- 2.50 all-purpose flour
- 0.50 cinnamon
- 2 sugar
- 16 ounces powdered sugar
How to make Taco Bell Style Cinnamon Twists
- Combine first set of ingredients, adding each ingredient as listed, and enough flour so that the dough is no longer sticky, but still very soft.
- Using a floured working surface, roll small portions of dough at a time to paper-thin. Cut into 2 x 5-inch strips, and arrange in single layer on oiled cookie sheets.
- In a deep, heavy saucepan or deep fryer, bring oil (at least 3 inches deep) to 400°F Carefully add a few strips to the oil. They'll fall to the bottom but will surface as they brown (about 2 minutes).
- Lift out with tongs and drop into brown grocery bag containing seasoning mix. Gently shake then remove coated strips. Serve immediately.
(Courtesy of Food.com)