- 1 lb tomatillos
- 3 large jalapeno pepper
- 1 medium onions
- 2 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons coriander
- 2 chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
How to make Taco Bell Style Green Sauce
- Husk tomatillos and cut in half. Stem and half peppers.
- Boil tomatillos and peppers in chicken broth for 10 minutes. Strain, reserving broth.
- Combine tomatillos, peppers and remaining ingredients, except for the oil, in a blender and mix until almost smooth.
- Heat oil in frying pan until very hot.
- Carefully add the tomatillo mixture and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly until dark and thick. Add reserved broth to mixture and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook until thickened, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Chill.
(Courtesy of Food.com)