- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 onion
- 2 garlic clove
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno
- 5 large tomato
- 0.50 fresh coriander
- 16 ounces pinto beans
- 16 corn tortilla
- 1 to taste salt
- 1 to taste pepper
- 7 tablespoons cumin
- 6 tablespoons chilli powder
How to make Taco Lasagna
- Pre-heat oven to 375*.
- Brown the ground beef on med/hi (for an electric stove, I set it to 8), adding 2T of cumin, a few shakes of salt and pepper, and another 2T of chili powder.
- While the meat is browning, prep the veggies! The onions and the tomatoes should be chopped down to 1/2in or so (this doesn't really matter and is purely a matter of preference). Mince the garlic and cilantro, as well (keep everything separate).
- Drain and rinse the beans.
- Brown the onions and garlic together for 2 minutes before adding in the tomatoes, cilantro and seasonings.
- Add the tomatoes, cilantro and 3-4T cumin, 3T chili powder, again, a little salt and pepper (to taste) and the jalepenos.
- After the tomatoes have begun to really simmer and let out their juices, it's time to turn the heat down to medium.
- While the veggies are simmering, grate the cheese.
- Grease your baking pan/dish.
- By now, the veggies are done and you can gather all your bits n pieces together to build your "Taco Lasagna".
- Layer your casserole, starting with taco, then meat, then beans, then tomato mixture, more tacos, meat, tomatoes, tacos, cheese. The order and how much of what goes where is up to whim of the moment, of course.
- Bake for 15-20 min or until cheese is bubbling and beginning to brown.
- Enjoy with Sour cream, hot sauce or sliced hot peppers.
(Courtesy of Food.com)