- 1 lb hamburger
- 0.50 onions
- 1 ounce taco seasoning
- 0.75 water
- 1.75 flour
- 2 tablespoons instant yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons onion
- 0.75 teaspoon salt
- 0.67 warm water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 0.50 corn chips
How to make Taco Pie
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown hamburg, add onions, water and taco seasoning.
- Simmer 25 minutes.
- Combine 1 cup flour, yeast, sugar, onion and salt, mix well.
- Add very warm water and oil to flour mix.
- Mix by hand with a spoon until almost smooth.
- Stir in chips and enough flour to make a stiff dough.
- Spread in pie plate and let rise 10 minutes.
- Spread meat over dough.
- Bake until edge is crisp and light golden brown.
- Sprinkle with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, salsa or sour cream.
- This is easily doubled into a 9 X 13.
(Courtesy of Food.com)