- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 garlic clove
- 1.50 teaspoons ground cumin
- 0.25 olive oil
- 1 to taste table salt
- 1 to taste ground black pepper
- 1 lb 90% minced beef
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon tomato pur�e
- 0.50 water
- 2 cos lettuce hearts
- 2 tomato
- 4 corn tortilla chips
- 0.25 fresh coriander
How to make Taco Salad
- Combine lime juice, 1 teaspoon minced garlic, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/4 cup olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste in small bowl.
- Heat remaining teaspoon oil in large skillet over medium heat until shimmering.
- Add beef and cook, breaking up clumps with wooden spoon, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining garlic, remaining teaspoon cumin, and chili powder and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in tomato paste and water and simmer until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper, and cover to keep warm.
- Toss lettuce, tomatoes, and chips with lime juice dressing in large bowl.
- Divide salad among individual plates and top each portion with some meat mixture.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and any additional toppings (see suggestions above).
(Courtesy of Food.com)