- 4 tablespoons chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon summer savory
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons dried onions
- 1 tablespoon dried chipotle powder
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 0.25 taco seasoning mix
- 1 low sodium beef broth
How to make Taco Seasoning and Taco Meat
- Taco seasoning mix.
- Add all the dried spices and herbs except the dried minced onion into the bowl of your food processor. A blender will work in a pinch, but you'll have to wash it several time or else your smoothy will taste like tacos.
- Mix on high for about 30 seconds.
- Add the dried onion and pulse about ten times to mix in well.
- Store in a zip top bag or jar.
- Taco Meat.
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet.
- Drain fat from meat and add the 1/4 cup of seasoning mix. Mix seasoning into meat.
- Add beef stock, cover pan and simmer on medium for 10 minutes or until the moister is absorbed.
- Crumble up the ground beef so you have a small grain texture. I like to use a potato masher.
(Courtesy of Food.com)