- 1 butter
- 0.50 sugar
- 2 all-purpose flour
- 0.25 teaspoon baking powder
- 0.50 teaspoon salt
- 0.50 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
How to make Tagalongs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Mix in flour, baking powder and salt at a low speed, followed by the vanilla and milk. The dough should come together into a soft ball but it will be crumbly.
- Take a tablespoon full of dough and flatten it into a disc about 1/4-inch thick. I found it was easiest doing this in the palm of my hand. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and repeat with remaining dough. Cookies will not spread too much, so you c
- Bake cookies for 9 minutes, until bottoms and the edges are lightly browned and cookies are set.
- Immediately after removing cookies from the oven, use your thumb or a small spoon to make a depression in the center of each cookie. (I am still debating as to whether this is a necessary step.).
- Cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk together peanut butter, confectioners sugar, salt and vanilla. When the mixture has come together, heat it in the microwave for 30 to 45 seconds at a time, then stir. Heat until it is very, very soft. Let cool slightly and spoon
- Chill cookies with filling for 20-30 minutes, or until the peanut butter is firm.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a small double boiler until melted.
- Dip chilled cookies into chocolate with a fork, allowing theexcess to drip off, and place on a sheet of parchment paper to let the cookies set.
(Courtesy of Food.com)