- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic clove
- 3 beet
- 0.50 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 0.50 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 12 ounces tagliatelle pasta noodles
- 12 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 6 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley
How to make Tagliatelle With Shredded beetroot, Sour Cream, and Parsley
- Melt butter with oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat (I've substituted just cooking spray + a splash of olive oil and it is fine). Add garlic and stir until pale golden, about one minute.
- Add beets and cayenne; reduce heat to medium low and saute just until beets are tender, about 12 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice (I also add some pepper at this point).
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite.
- Drain pasta and return to pot. Stir in sour cream and 4 tbsp parsley, then add beet mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with additional parsley on top (I also serve with some shredded parmesan).
- Note: if you use a large enough skillet for the beets, you can just add the sour cream/parsley to the beets, then put the cooked pasta into the pan with your beets, and you'll only have one dish with a technicolor mess.
(Courtesy of Food.com)