- 1 lb tagliatelle pasta noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic clove
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1 lb frozen peas
- 1 whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves
- 0.25 pecorino romano cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
How to make Tagliatelle With Smashed Peas, Sausage, and Ricotta Cheese-Giada
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes if dry or according to package directions if fresh. Drain pasta reserving 1 cup of the
- Meanwhile, in a large, heavy skillet heat the olive oil and garlic over medium-high heat and add the sausage. Use a wooden spoon to break up the sausage into bite-sized bits. When the sausage has browned, about 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add the peas to the pan and, using the back of the wooden spoon, smash the peas. Turn off the heat.
- Add the ricotta cheese along with the cooked pasta and toss to coat, adding the pasta cooking water in 1/4 cup additions, if needed, to make the pasta moist.
- Return the sausage to the pan.
- Add the basil, Pecorino Romano cheese, and salt. Toss gently to coat and serve immediately.
(Courtesy of Food.com)