Tassa's turkey cornucopia burger with paprika aioli
Chefs Note: All the ingredients should be purchased organic when possible.
1) Combine the mayonnaise, mustard and paprika in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
2) Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
3) Combine the minced turkey, onion, carrot, pepper, Parmesan and all of the seasonings in a large bowl. Lightly whisk the egg separately and then fold it in to the meat mixture.
4) Form the turkey into patties. Lightly brush barbecue grates with olive oil, then arrange the patties on the grill and firmly close the lid. Cook while making sure the patties get grill marks, about 6 to 8 minutes. Gently flip each burger over and continue grilling.
5) Add the provolone after 3 minutes and shut the lid once more to melt the cheese, an additional 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the patties from heat and keep them warm by casually tenting them in foil.
6) Reduce the heat to medium, add another brush of olive oil and arrange the buns on grill, toasting them until they are heated through and slightly crispy, about 2 minutes. Assemble the burgers by spreading the paprika aioli onto the bottom halves of the buns, and topping it with the meat patties. Garnish with a slice of avocado, a slice of tomato and a helping of alfalfa sprouts. Cover with the bun tops and enjoy!
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.