2) Strain without pressing down the leaves. The infused gin will keep, covered, for up to 3 weeks.
For the flip:
1) Whisk the egg white powder and warm water in a small bowl until smooth and frothy.
2) Fill a cocktail shaker two-thirds full of ice and add 45ml of the infused gin, the lemon juice, simple syrup and the egg white mixture. Cover and shake vigorously until thoroughly mixed and chilled, about 30 seconds (in general, the drink is ready by the time the shaker mists up).
3) Fill the bottom of a martini glass with maraschino syrup. Strain the cocktail into the glass to float on top of syrup. Drop in the lemon twist. Serve.
For the simple syrup:
1) Put the sugar and water in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring, until the sugar dissolves. (Alternatively, heat in the microwave.)
2) Allow to cool to room temperature and store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to a month.
Serving suggestion: Chilled cocktail glass