- 150g whole unsalted almonds
- 225g cream cheese
- 110g mayonnaise
- 3 crispy cooked streaky bacon , crumbled
- 1/2 tsp dill weed
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp spring onion
- Sprigs, for garnish
How to make The heavyset cheese ball
1) Preheat oven to 150C/Gas 2.
2) Place and spread all the almonds on a baking tray or in a shallow pan, pushing the almonds around until they colour, about 20 minutes.
3) Mix together the cream cheese and the mayonnaise. Add the bacon, salt and pepper, dill and onion. Chill overnight.
4) On a serving platter, make two pine cone shapes with the cheese. Begin to press the almonds at a slight angle into the cheese, starting at the narrow end of the pine cone shape.
5) Do this in rows, continuing to overlap rows until all the cheese is covered. Garnish with fake sprigs, or real ones, or with rosemary.
Serve at room temperature and spread on crackers.
- Paula's fried butter balls
- Peanut butter balls
- Black-eyed pea dip
- Cinnamon toast trifle
- Cajun tempura okra with green onion...
- Old-fashioned cupcakes
- Arnold Palmer cupcakes
- Pineapple blueberry crunch cake
- Granulated sugar and nut glazed bri...
- Chocolate dirt cupcakes
- Chocolate gravy and biscuits
- Peanut butter and banana bread fing...