Recipe by Keegan Gerhard
- Meat tenderizer, to coat each steak
- Pinch granulated sugar
- Paprika, to coat each steak
- Garlic powder, to coat each steak
- Black pepper, to coat each steak
- Cooking oil, to coat each steak
How to make The Whitehogg world championship steak marinade
1) Lay steaks on a flat surface. Lightly sprinkle dry ingredients onto the surface of each steak until the steak is completely covered. Rub dry ingredients into the steak by hand. Lightly pour cooking oil onto steak and rub into steak with hands. Flip steaks over and repeat the same process on the other side. Place steaks in an airtight container and refrigerate. Let steaks marinate in rub no more than 4 hours.
2) To grill, heat charcoal grill to approximately 150C/Gas mark 2. Grill steak 7 to 8 minutes on each side. When grilled to preferred doneness, place steaks in a pan and cover with foil to allow the juices to distribute.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. the food network kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.