Made this? How was it?
- Unsalted , for brushing on pan
- 675g sweet spiral pork sausages
- 120g plain flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 240ml milk
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard, plus extra for serving
How to make Toad-in-the-Hole
Serving suggestion: assorted mustards.
Preheat an oven to 205°C.
Lightlya medium well-seasoned cast iron pan. Put the sausage in the skillet, and bake until almost cooked, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile,the flour, sugar, and salt together in a medium bowl. In another bowl, the eggs, milk, and mustard until blended. the liquid ingredients into the dry, just until you have a slightly lumpy thin batter.
Carefully, pour the batter over the partially-cooked sausages and continue to bake until the batter puffs and is crispy, and brown, about 25 to 30 minutes more.
Serve the Toad-in-the-Hole, hot, in the pan with more mustard on the side.
Copyright 2005 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
- Chilli rubbed salmon
- Chicken, chilli and cheese quesadil...
- Lamb chops with lemon-basil sauce
- Breaded pork chops
- Whiskey Glazed Flat Iron Steaks and...
- Italian Cocktail Meatballs with Her...
- Pan-fried salmon
- Egg white omelette with cucumbers a...
- Sausage burger with spicy onion rin...
- Toad in the Hole with Gorgonzola an...
- Chicken Piccata