Made this? How was it?
For the marshmallow batter:
- 3 packages unflavored gelatine
- 300g granulated sugar
- 240ml golden syrup
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla essence
- 1/4 tsp salt
- sugar, for dusting
For the topping:
- 200g sweetened desiccated coconut, toasted
How to make Toasted Coconut Marshmallows
For the marshmallow batter: Combine the gelatine and 120ml of cold water in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with theattachment and allow to sit while you make the syrup.
1) Meanwhile, combine the granulated sugar, golden syrup, salt, and 120ml water in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until the granulated sugar dissolves. Raise the heat to high and cook until the syrup reaches 115°C on a candy thermometer. Remove from the heat.
2) With the mixer on low speed, slowly pour the golden syrup into the dissolved gelatine. Put the mixer on high speed anduntil the mixture is very thick, about 15 minutes. Add the vanilla and mix thoroughly. For the topping: 1) Sprinkle half the toasted coconut in a 20x30cm non-metal pan. Pour in the marshmallow batter and smooth the top of the mixture with damp hands. Sprinkle on the remaining toasted coconut. Allow to dry uncovered at room temperature overnight.
2) Remove the marshmallows from the pan and cut into squares. Roll the sides of each piece carefully insugar. Store uncovered at room temperature.