Made this? How was it?
- 60g , plus more for baking dish
- 100g uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 tbsp minced onion
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tsp salt, plus more for seasoning
- 3/4 tbsp mustard powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 480ml milk
- 300g shredded Cheddar, divided
- 2 ripe tomatoes, blanched, peeled, and cut into 1cm thick
- Freshly ground black pepper
How to make Tomato Mac and Cheese
1) Preheat the oven to 190C/Gas mark 5. Lightlya 33 by 20 by 4cm baking dish.
2) Bring 1.5L of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the macaroni and cook until al dente. Drain and set aside.
3) Melt thein a large saucepan, over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring constantly, until tender. Add the flour, salt, dry mustard, and paprika; mix well. Stir in the milk and cook until thickened, about 5 minutes. Add 200g of the shredded cheese and stir until melted. Toss in the macaroni and pour into the prepared dish. Cover the macaroni with tomato and season salt and pepper, to taste. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes. The last few minutes, top with the remaining cheese and return to the oven until the cheese melts. Serve hot.
- The ultimate lady's cheesy mac and....
- Reuben mac n cheese
- Cheese lovers 5 cheese mac and chee...
- Ruth's Diner: Gramma Claire's macar...
- Deep fried mac and cheese
- Seafood pot pie
- Penne with five cheeses
- Neely's BBQ jacket potato
- Granulated sugar and nut glazed bri...
- Southern cornbread salad
- Creamy hash brown casserole
- Scalloped tomatoes