Made this? How was it?
- 250g good-quality mayonnaise
- 10 to 15 basil leaves,
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp good quality olive oil
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 2 wholemeal bread
- 1 large heirloom or beefsteak tomato,
How to make Tomato sandwich with basil mayonnaise
1)together the mayonnaise, basil, salt, pepper, lemon juice, olive oil and garlic. Spread the mayonnaise mixture on top of the 2 of bread.
2) Place thetomato on top of 1 bread . Place the remaining of bread, mayonnaise-side down, on top of the tomato. Cut the sandwich in half and serve.