2) Melt butter in a small saucepan. While butter is melting, add beaten eggs to a medium sized bowl. Stir in brown sugar, flour, vanilla essence, golden syrup and bourbon until combined.
3) Mix in the pecans and chocolate morsel. Mix all together. Pour mixture into pie shell.
4) Place on a sheet tray and bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
5) When ready to serve top with a dollop of whipped cream
6) For the homemade whipped cream: Pour double cream into a bowl and whip with an electric mixer for a few minutes, until it becomes thick. Add icing sugar to bowl and blend for about 2 minutes. Fold in vanilla essence.