2) Toss the pork shoulder and fat back with the salt and 1 tbsp of the spice mix and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Mince the meat mixture through the coarse die of a grinder and form into 4 (225g) patties.
1) Soak the store-bought sauerkraut in water for 20 minutes, then drain excess water.
2) Render the bacon; add the onion and saute until translucent. Add white wine and cook off the alcohol. Add the sauerkraut and spices and enough water to cover. Simmer for 1 hour.
3) Cool and then mix in the garlic-chilli paste.
1) Pan-fry the burgers until medium-well. Melt 2 slices of cheeses on top of each burger.
2) Place the burgers on toasted buns and top with bacon and spicy sauerkraut.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.