- 500 g chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon five-spice powder
- 5 hardboiled egg
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 bean curd
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons black soy sauce
- 5 Chinese mushroom
- 3 water
- 1 sprig fresh coriander
How to make Traditional Chinese Five-Spice Chicken
- Knead 5-spice powder over chicken.
- Brown garlic with 1 tbsp oil.
- Stir fry chicken wings. Add sugar, salt, soy sauce.
- Add 3 cups water, eggs, mushrooms (including the water they were soaked in) and beancurd when chicken is cooked. Add more five-spice powder and a dash of black pepper if desired. Cover and simmer for 30min or until chicken is tender. Garnish with coriande
- Serve hot with jasmine rice.
(Courtesy of Food.com)