Made this? How was it?
- 1 sponge or Madeira cake, loaf-style
- 180ml evaporated milk
- 240ml cream
- 1 (400g) can sweetened condensed milk
For the topping:
- 240ml double cream
- 60g sugar
- Smarties, Skittles or M&Ms
- 60g crushed Smarties, Skittles or M&Ms
How to make Tres leches cake
1) Using a fork, punch some holes in the cake while still in the loaf pan.
2) In a medium saucepan, mix the two milks and the cream and heat over a low heat. When the milk mixture is hot, remove it from the stove.
3) Pour the milk mixture slowly over the cake, being sure to fill all the holes. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
4) For the topping,the double cream, slowly adding the sugar until soft peaks form.
5) When the cake is chilled, cover the cake withcream and decorate with the sweets.
- Tres leches cake
- Dulce de leche cookie sandwiches (a...
- Arroz con leche
- Hopped-up on caffeine rich chocolat...
- Lavender cakes
- Lemon drop afternoon tea cake
- Florentine Biscuits
- Rainbow cloud confetti cake
- Tres leches coconut cupcakes with d...
- Chocolate cake with a warm creamy c...
- Red velvet cake
- Triple hazelnut cake with chocolate...