1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Grease a loaf tin (approx 25x10cm or 2lb) and dust with flour.
2. Blend the Stork with the sugar and vanilla, keep blending while adding one egg yolk at a time.
3. In a separate bowl whisk the egg whites until you have stiff peaks. Fold In the flour and baking powder. Add to the other mixture and finally fold in the dried tropical fruits and mix all together.
4. Place the cake in the prepared tin.
5. Bake for approximately 60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean (this means the cake is cooked). Once done, remove from the tin and leave to cool on a wire rack.
6. Once cooled you can sprinkle with mixed chopped nuts and dried fruits for decoration.
Sprinkle the dried fruit and nuts with a little flour before adding them to the cake mixture. This will help them to be evenly distributed in the cake and not sink to the bottom.
Recipe courtesy of Stork