1. Line and grease a 21cm spring-form cake tin.
2. Mix together the sugar, almonds, panko crumbs, both zests and baking powder.
3. In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs and the oil.
4. Pour onto the almond mixture and mix.
5. Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin and place into a cold oven. (At this point make the syrup)
6. Turn on to 180°C and bake for 40-45 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
7. Cool in the tin for 5 minutes then turn out onto a plate.
8. While the cake is warm, pierce it all over with a wooden skewer or toothpick and pour on some of the syrup.
9. Keep spooning over more syrup every now and then until it's all been absorbed.
For the syrup:
1. Make the syrup by adding all the ingredients except the orange blossom water into a saucepan. Bring gently to the boil stirring to dissolve the sugar whilst allowing the liquid to thicken to a syrupy consistency.
2. Add the orange blossom water and remove the spices which can be used to decorate the cake.
3. Set aside till cake ready. To serve, dust with icing sugar and serve on a cake stand with Greek yoghurt or crème fraiche and summer berries.