Turkey meatballs with quick And spicy tomato sauce and whole-wheat spaghetti
1) Fill a large stockpot with water and bring to the boil for pasta.
2) In a 4-litre saucepan heat the oil over medium heat. Saute the onions until translucent, about 3 minutes, then add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Add tomato puree, tomatoes, chipotles, oregano, rosemary, and salt.
3) Bring all the ingredients to a low boil, reduce heat and cook for approximately 15 minutes, until liquid has evaporated slightly. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Whilst sauce is cooking, make meatballs.
4) Preheat the oven grill. Spray a baking tray with cooking spray. Combine the turkey with all other ingredients in a large work bowl. Form into 5-cm balls and place on a baking tray.
5) Grill for 10 minutes, or until browned and almost entirely cooked through.
6) Remove rosemary sprig from sauce and add fresh basil. Add the meatballs to the sauce, cover, and cook additional 10 minutes, or until sauce has slightly thickened and meatballs have absorbed some of the sauce.
7) Whilst the meatballs are cooking, cook the whole-wheat spaghetti according to package directions.
8) Drain the pasta and return it to the pot. Add the sauce and meatballs, toss and heat through over medium heat. Divide evenly among 4 pasta bowls and garnish with parsley and 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan.