Turkish-style sirloin with roasted garlic-fig sauce (new dynamic beef dishes)
1) Combine garlic, pumpkin pie spice and pepper in a small bowl. Press evenly onto beef steak. Place steak and 80ml wine in a food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator for 15 minutes to 2 hours, turning once.
2) Combine bulgur, water, salt and pumpkin pie spice in small saucepan; bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer about 15 minutes or until tender and water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork. Stir in mint and almonds and keep warm.
3) Combine roasted garlic-fig sauce ingredients in small bowl. Set aside.
4) Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steak in skillet; cook 15 to 20 minutes for medium-rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally. Remove to cutting board; keep warm.
5) Add sauce mixture to same skillet. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until browned bits attached to skillet are dissolved and sauce thickens and coats the back of a spoon. Remove from heat.
6) Carve steaks into slices and season with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve steak over bulgur; drizzle with sauce. Garnish with additional almonds and mint, if desired.
Cook's Tip: Four beef shoulder centre steaks (ranch), cut 2cm thick (about 140g each) may be substituted for top sirloin steak. Cook for 9-12 minutes as directed above for medium-rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.