1. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, add the crab and cook for 15 minutes. Remove the crab from the pan and set aside to cool.
2. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Crack the claws and legs and pick out the white meat. Crack the body away from the shell and pick out the brown meat.
3. Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onion an garlic and fry for a couple of minutes until softened. Add the crab meat, fry for a further minute then stir in the tomato. Add the cava, cook for a couple of minutes then season and remove from the heat. Spoon the mixture back into the crab shell, top with breadcrumbs and parsley then lay on a baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes until the breadcrumbs are golden brown.
4. Meanwhile griddle the bread until lightly charred, rub with garlic and drizzle with a little olive oil.
5. When you’re ready to serve, gently heat the brandy in a small pan then pour over the crab and set alight. Serve with the toasted bread rubbed with Garlic and oil or chicory leaves.