1) Preheat the oven to 160C/Gas 3
2) Drizzle brisket liberally with olive oil then season the meat on both sides with salt and pepper.
3) Place a large casserole dish or heavy-based pot over medium-high heat and add 45ml of olive oil. Place the brisket in the pot and sear on both sides to form a nice brown crust.
4) Remove from pot and set aside before adding carrots, onion and celery. Brown vegetables, then add the garlic, tomatoes, red wine, bay leaf, thyme, rosemary, and parsley.
5) Add the brisket back to the pot, cover and roast in the oven for 3 hours until the brisket is fork tender.
6) Remove the brisket to a cutting board and let it rest for 15 minutes. Strain out the vegetables and pour off some of the excess fat, then pour over the brisket.
7) Slice brisket across the grain and serve over parsnip puree with roasted red onions and garnish with parsley.