1) Make the crab cakes first so they have time to firm up in the refrigerator before you cook them.
2) Heat a 2-count of olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, until the onion gets kind of caramelised. Dump the onion mix into a bowl and fold in the crabmeat, bread crumbs, mayonnaise, egg white, lime juice and coriander, mixing just until well blended. Season with salt and pepper. Shape the mixture into six fat crab cakes. Put them on a plate, cover, and stick them in the refrigerator to chill.
3) Heat a 3-count of olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the crab cakes and cook for about 4 minutes each side until nice and crisp.
Serve crab cakes on torn butcher paper with fresh lemon wedges and garlic aioli with celery root.
1) Mince garlic and make into paste using the side of your knife. To make this go faster add a bit of salt to the garlic and continue mashing with the side of your knife.
2) Place the paste a large bowl and add the sour cream, mayonnaise, celery seed, lemon juice and oil. Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3) Fold in the grated celery root and chives. Give it a final taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings