For the sloppy joes:
1) Set a heavy-based pan over medium-high heat and add 45ml of olive oil. Add onions and saute for 2 to 3 minutes until translucent. Add ground turkey, season well with salt and pepper and brown well all over, breaking it up with a wooden spoon - about 7 to 10 minutes.
2) Add ketchup, mustard, cayenne, brown sugar and tomato paste. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes.
3) Finish with a splash of red wine vinegar and season it once more before serving on parker rolls with homemade bread and butter pickles.
For the bread and butter pickles:
1) Wash guerkins, slice into 0.5cm thick rounds, and place in a heated, sterilized mason jar with horseradish and fresh dill weed.
2) Set a large pan over medium heat and add vinegar, sugar, water, garlic and pickling spices.
3) Bring the brine to a boil then pour over guerkins and horseradish in still-hot mason jar and seal lid. Allow to cool to room temperature before refrigerating.
4) You can serve once chilled, but for best flavor serve after the pickles have been left overnight.