- Nonstick cooking spray
- 8 skinless boneless chicken thighs, trimmed of all visible fat (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon Paula Deen's House Seasoning, recipe follows
- 1/4 low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 egg whites
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/4 cornflake crumbs
For the Paula Deen's House Seasoning Recipe:
- 1 salt
- 1/4 garlic powder
- 1/4 black pepper
How to make Unfried Chicken
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Spray a large cast-iron skillet with nonstick spray over medium-high heat.
Sprinkle the chicken with the Paula Deen House Seasoning. Combine the buttermilk, hot sauce, egg whites and lemon zest and juice in a large bowl and toss the chicken to coat.
Pour the cornflake crumbs into another large bowl. Dip the chicken into the crumbs, pressing to adhere, and then place in the skillet and into the oven. Bake until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through or an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh registers 74°C, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Turkey Bacon Cheeseburger Turkey Lo...
- Smothered chicken and scones
- Mustard chicken salad
- Crisp Chicken Wings with Chilli-Lim...
- Guiltless Cheesy Mac
- Oven-fried chicken
- Paula's baked ham and cheese chicke...
- Chicken stuffed with prosciutto and...
- Game Time Chilli Dogs
- Stuffed Chicken Breast with Feta an...
- Sweet and Spicy Chicken Wings With ...
- Paula's chicken nuggets