2) Place vegetable fat, flour and salt in bowl. Cut in vegetable fat until small pea-sized pieces form. Add water. Toss with fork until mixture holds together (chill if time permits).
3) Roll out half of the dough to the desired size. Place in pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Refrigerate until needed. Roll out rest of dough and refrigerate. Scraps may be saved to cut decorations, if desired. Bake the decorations on a baking tray for 10 minutes or until desired colour is obtained.
3) In medium saucepan, add olive oil and heat. Brown sliced pork and deglaze pan with wine and butter. Cover and simmer for approximately 8 minutes.
4) Combine remaining ingredients and mix. Mince pork mixture in food processor and pour over fruit. Mix well. Place in crust-lined 23cm pie tin. Cover with remaining rolled out crust and seal edges. Bake at 210C/Gas 7 for 50-60 minutes.
5) When pie is removed from oven, carefully place serving plate on top of pie and invert. Gently lift pan away from pie with fork.
6) In a medium saucepan, heat butter, golden syrup and brown sugar over medium heat until bubbling. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally for 1 minute or until brown sugar is completely dissolved.
7) Remove from heat and place walnut halves into mixture. Coat and remove walnuts to a greaseproof paper-lined baking tray. Let walnuts cool.
Drizzle warm caramel mixture over inverted pie and top with walnuts. Serve.