Recipe by Keegan Gerhard
- 340g self raising flour
- 340g plain flour
- 20g baking powder
- 250g butter, room temperature
- 200g shortening, room temperature
- 1.3kg granulated sugar
- 125ml double cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 eggs, whites only
- 240ml milk
How to make Vanilla white cake
1) Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4. Sift all the flour and the baking powder together in a large bowl, taking care that all the components are well combined and evenly distributed.
2) In a stand mixer, mix the butter and shortening with the paddle attachment on medium speed until combined. Add the granulated sugar, cream and salt, starting on 1st speed and gradually moving to 2nd speed, until light and fluffy approximately 8 minutes.
3) At 1 1/2 speed add the egg whites in small amounts until smooth and fully incorporated. On 1st speed alternate 1/3 dry ingredients, 1/2 milk, 1/3 dry, 1/2 milk, 1/3 dry only until incorporated.
4) Pour the batter into greaseproof paper lined sheet tins or four 32cm round by 10cm deep cake tins and bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until a cocktail stick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The food network kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore we cannot make any representation as to the results.
- Hopped-up on caffeine rich chocolat...
- Country vanilla sponge cake
- Chocolate oat cakes
- Chocolate-glazed fairy cakes
- White Russian cupcake
- Emily's spiced ginger biscuits
- Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Lavender cakes
- Sticky chocolate cake
- Chocolate cake with a warm creamy c...
- Wedding cake biscuits
- Red velvet cake