1) Heat a large pot on the hob and add 3 tablespoons of oil.
2) Add in all the vegetables into the pot, including the peppercorns.
3) Using a wooden spoon, cook the vegetables, so they soften and turn a slight nutty color.
4) Add the tomato puree and mix it into the vegetables.
Using a tongs lift the veal bones, leaving the fat behind, and add them to the pot.
5) Add the red wine and cover the mixture with tap water, about 2/3 of the way up a large pot. Bring it up to the boil, then turn the heat down low and let it simmer for 12 hours.
6) Strain the mixture, so youâ€™re left with the liquid, and it's ready to serve.