2) Melt the butter in a medium saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, over medium-high heat. Add the golden sultanas, almonds, turmeric, cumin seed, coriander seed, cardamom pods and cinnamon stick and cook, stirring, until toasted and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the rice and cook, stirring, until toasted, about 1 minute more. Add the water and salt and bring to the boil.
3) Lower the heat and simmer (wrapping the lid tightly with a kitchen towel), steaming until the rice is tender, 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and leave to rest, covered, for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
4) Whilst rice is cooking, make the vegetables. Melt the butter in a medium straight-sided skillet with a tight-fitting lid, over a medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Add the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
5) Add the golden sultanas, almonds, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, and cardamom and cook, stirring, until toasted and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Stir in the cauliflower, French beans, potatoes, carrots and salt.
6) Raise the heat to high, pour in the water, and cook, covered, for 4 minutes. Uncover and cook, stirring, until the vegetables are tender and most of the water has evaporated, about 1.5 minutes more.
7) Add the rice to the vegetable mixture and, using a rubber spatula, stir to combine. Season with salt to taste. Divide the vegetable-rice mixture among the plates and top with some of the toasted coconut and almonds. Serve immediately.